Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spring?



It's kind of felt that here, with the warm weather that we've been having and the real lack of snow that we've had here all winter. I'm not complaining, mind you, but it was a good lead in for today's blog. These photos are from about 5 years ago or so. It was an absolutely beautiful day outside, so being the scrapbookers that we are, Hillary and I forced Kevin outside for a spring photo shoot. And we proceeded to take roughly 80,000 photos. Well, not really, but there's a sizeable chunk from that day and I love so many of them. I go back every once in awhile and dip into them and will do a page. That's the thing about digital photos--you can take 70 billion and not have to worry the way we had to back in those ancient times when we only had film and were still walking twenty miles to school in the snow with our shoes on backwards. Oh, I wish I'd had digital when I was younger--these kids today don't know how good they have it, able to take countless photos of themselves holding their phones up to the mirror. Back when I was a kid, we had to put stupid little square flash bulbs on top of a camera, hold our arm wayyyy out and hope for the best. And then pay money for a shot of the top of our head..........Anyway, back to the matter at hand before I wax nostalgic all over the floor, this is a layout featuring all Basic Grey Sweet Threads and an ample amount of ink. Have I mentioned my love of inking before? It's there, like the force, burning strong within me. I might have to turn in my scrapbooker's badge after the following admission, though--I don't really like Tim Holtz's Distress Inks. I'm a fan of Stampin' Up's inks and Tim's don't dry quickly enough for me and inevitably I get ink all over my hands and occasionally my photos. There, I've said it and there's no turning back.....And finally, I've been nominated for the Liebster blogging award! IThanks so much, Tanya!!) I'm so thrilled and will post the particulars that I need to in the next couple of days. I have to admit my ignorance and say that I don't know how to post the URL's I need to for it, so I'm having a friend show me and will get the info up very, very soon.

12 comments:

Jingle said...

Such great photos and cute layout!

Rona said...

Had totally forgotten about those flash cubes! Thanks for the reminder!

Missy said...

Love all your layering you did here!

Rebecca said...

What a fun, colorful layout! Great job!

Lisa said...

Such a spring LO live it beautiful photos.

Becky said...

Fun pictures! I'm with you on the Tim inks. I have two of them and always feel like I'm doing something wrong when I try to use them. Congrats on the award :)

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout..even without the Tim Holtz distress inks, lol.
I do love me some Stampin Up.
Which reminds me I need to put in an order, lol.

Love your style of writing and humour ;)

Amy said...

really cute layout with fun colors!

Angela Toucan said...

great fun looking layout

Johanna said...

Love this collection! And I think your take on this sketch is REALLY nice :)

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
All fruits and most sufferers vegetables contain carbohydrates, making all these otherwise healthy choices off-limits to learn more about any of those throughout the an all in one carb at no charge a healthy diet plan About going to be the one of the more vegetable choices out and about and then for any of those cutting back on carbs are going to be the dark earth-friendly leafy all kinds a little as though spinach, kale, and broccoli. Gluten for free diets bring to the table an all in one much wider range of good debt consolidation moves,given that they all are fruits and vegetables 're acceptable.