Monday, February 6, 2012

Sketchy



Ah, sketches. Sketches are great to me because they give you a starting point and then let you bounce off into your own creative stratosphere. In this sketch, from PageMaps, I did stay pretty close to it, and for the most part used all Crate Paper products--a mix of their Farm and new Love lines. We did it as a group challenge at an all day crop and it was really fun to see everyone's different take on it. I find it funny though, that whenever I'm doing a sketch or a scraplift, my layouts seem to take eight times as long as when I'm just plopping them out myself. I can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing. Maybe it's a case for Judge Judy. That woman is MEAN. And likely a bit psycho, although if push came to shove, I could probably knock her down and run. If I had to go to televised court, I think I'd go on Judge Mathis. He seems to be the most compassionate of all those TV judges. I find the whole "People's Court" sort of thing fascinating. I went through a period where I was watching those shows every day while I was at home working, because there was nothing else on. There were about a billion of them on the air--maybe there still is, but I haven't watched daytime TV for years. What fascinates me about these shows are the people that go on them and some of their stories. Why in the heck would you subject yourself for public ridicule that way? You owe somebody 200 dollars because you ate their parrot? Pay the man. If you know that you're going to look like an idiot on the air, I think I'd just find a way to scrape up that money. It might be fun to set up a fake case with a friend, though, and make it the most bizarre one ever-- "Stephanie borrowed 600 dollars from me to buy Vaseline for her idea of greasing up everything in the house to make it a fun "socks off" skating rink. I thought it was a good idea, but she took the money and bought doughnuts instead. Now she won't pay me." I guess they might see through that one, though.

So anyway, I've forgotten what I was originally talking about, which was this layout and scraplifting. Scraplifting. Sounds like another case for Judge Judy.

13 comments:

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!

Danielle said...

super cute! love the die cut paper!

Alyssa said...

I love what you did with the sketch. Nice how you used the ric-rac and other borders to lead the eye right to the photos.

Anonymous said...

cute LO! I like how you used the sketch :)

Lisa said...

Great job with the sketch. Love the back ground paper.

Erica said...

Great take on the sketch!

Margie Higuchi said...

Such a cute page - wonderful take on the challenge! Love Crate Paper!!

Unknown said...

hahahahahahaha...I can't stop laughing at your words, your post is hilarious. I so agree, why subject yourself to such public ridicule and shame?!! I used to watch those shows too...guilty pleasure I suppose to watch others get humiliated and the trouble is they KNOW it's going to happen! The last part of your post just keeps me cracking up...you forgot what were you talking about!

Heidi said...

Very cute page! It also seems to take me longer when I'm scraplifting a page. I thought I was the only one.

scrappymo! said...

Great job on that sketch...love the layout.

Melissa said...

I agree about sketches. Sometimes my layouts end up just like them or completely different but I love the fact they are a spring board. Love your layout! That shaped background is awesome!

Tammy said...

Ah yes, I need sketches and scraplifting to get me going. I just don't have the time to push stuff around on paper and make it pretty myself. Give me a sketch and I'm good to go! Great page - I love that die cut paper and the fun colors.

Tracy said...

LOL, sometimes I think those cases are staged, really how dumb can people be? And I'm not talking about myself here, lol.
Your layout is so sweet :)
I am so going to try my hand at sketches. It takes me all night to do my own.