Friday, January 20, 2012

Crop Time



Now that Christmas is over, it seems an apt time to post a Christmas page. Because Christmas is right around the corner and just over 11 months away. Anyway, here's a page of myself and two of my friends at my LSS in Northampton, MA, Paper! Paper! during a morning crop. I'm the strange looking person in the red shirt. Technically, I was supposed to be Santa. I got the bright idea about five minutes before leaving to go into Kevin's closet and pull out the shirt he wore for a Christmas show the year before. Sure, it was wrinkly, but when one is infused with Christmas spirit, wrinkles don't matter quite as much. I arrived at Paper! Paper! bearing gifts and donned in my huge wrinkly shirt and realized that I'd forgotten the Santa Hat at home. Suddenly, my idea wasn't sounding so good. Now I was just sort of wrinkly and red and not quite as festive. But I persevered and even have photos to tell the tale. By the way, this layout uses mostly Echo Park stuff, except I believe that's a Doodlebug journaling box and I don't remember where I picked up the funky Santa Belt ribbon. I'm not even sure the ribbon goes with the page, but I was determined to use it.

And speaking of Paper! Paper! (which I was a few sentences above, if you care to go back and check), tomorrow is their monthly 12 hour crop, and barring a possible snowstorm, I'm excited to go. The only bad part, of course, is packing for it. I always start out with the best of intentions. I plan on making very detailed page kits so that I don't have to carry much. Sounds simple, doesn't it? And I always start out well. I get one page kit ready--I pick out the paper, the embellishments, think about how the layout is going to look. And then I look at the clock and realize that it took me two hours, because in between I've been puttering around, ogling my stuff, staring meaninglessly out the window. By the end of the day, when it's getting time to have it finished, I end up haphazardly throwing a bunch of stuff into a bag. Ribbons? Sure, I'll need ribbons! Hmm...you never know what color ink I might need--better grab these 27 pads. I don't KNOW what pictures I want to do. I'll just grab this stack and then these 700 papers that might possibly go with it. Well...you get the picture. I'm hoping to avoid that today and get an early jump on things and get some fine work done towards the packing. And then we'll get 40 inches of snow tomorrow.

16 comments:

Jingle said...

LOL! You are too cute! I love the story and your page is fabulous!

Becky said...

I love the layout and especially the Santa belt ribbon! Good luck packing for your crop, sounds like fun!!

JennyLilac said...

That layout is so fun and colorful! I love a layout with a lot to look at. You don't need all the ink pads - just brown and black!

Stephanie said...

You're right--those are the two colors that I always reach for--but you never know when I'm going to need Blissful Blue or something. ;)

Danielle said...

So cute, colorful, and fun! Sounds like you had a good time and you have a neat story to tell.

Laura said...

Stephanie, I love this one... this might be one of my very favorites so far... and not just because I'm in it :)

Lisa said...

Such a cute layout. Love santa!

Hillary said...

This page is so cute! The embellishments make me want to pinch their cheeks!

Becky said...

Great LO!! I completely agree about packing for a crop. I have to do the same tonight. It's so hard because, like you, I never know what I'm going to want to work on and use! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Pam said...

Very cute layout!

Tracy said...

Your layout is awesome.
Love your sense of humour.
Are we related, because that is how I pack for a crop as well, lol.

Heidi said...

Love your bright layout!! It looks so cheery and fun. I like where you put your journaling and the circle behind everything. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

SandeeNC said...

Hope you didn't get any snow and was able to go to your crop! I know what you mean about packing for a crop, I have one coming up at the end of Feb. and I'm already pre planning my page kits!! I might be ready in time. Enjoyed reading your story about being 'almost santa'! Looks like you had a great time!

Izzy Anderson said...

Love your fun holiday page. It's beautiful. I love the bright, happy colors.

Meg Giroux said...

Omg! Your are just simply hilarious! I love the page! What on earth is Laura tring to do to you???!!!!!

Megan said...

I absolutely love this page!!