Thursday, January 19, 2012

Butterfly



Ah, butterflies. Who doesn't love them? Me, actually. I'll clarify that--I think that they're beautiful and I love the symbolism of them...but don't get any of them near me. To me, they're just cleverly disguised moths, and since I'm slighly phobic of moths, it's my rule of thumb to just generally steer clear of butterflies, too. Luckily for me, paper ones hold no such phobia for me and I can happily punch them out to my heart's content and dream of world where moths all go jump off a cliff, which is what I did as I completed this layout of my beautiful niece, Samantha--dream of moths that is, not jump off a cliff. All the papery stuff is Aunthentique and then I used a wooden flourish by Kaiser Craft, which I painted with Stickles. I have a thing about Stickles. I have to restrain myself from wanting Stickles on every page. Stickles for President!!

I also used some nice, puffy ric rac and a button. Ric Rac is also one of my sublime pleasures. Ric Rac for President!! You can see why my scrapbooking supplies hate me.

9 comments:

Jingle said...

Yup. They are bugs. I freak out if they touch me! LOL! BUT...I'm a BIG fan of paper butterflies! Cute layout!

Pamela said...

So pretty! Great layout! And I too am a huge fan of butterflies! I use them a lot on my projects. In fact my layout I posted on my blog today has butterflies! :)

Mary Jo said...

Such a pretty layout!
I am a big fan of butterflies on my projects, too! :)

Meg Giroux said...

Stephanie!!!!! I found you!!!!! I love the layout and now that I know your afraid of butterflies, we can make butterflies on our next project.... Lol Just kiddin'

I added myself to your followers!

See you saturday!

Michelle McClure said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I just discovered Authentique and love their look. What a great layout and use the butterflies without fear.

JennyLilac said...

Rick rack AND butterflies? These are two of my favorite things! I was so excited to see how many butterflies there were on my new Slice cards!

Patricia Roebuck said...

I have to laugh. I feel the same way about butterflies. I love them but I don't want to look at them close up! Beautiful layout!

Samantha said...

I LOVE how they look from afar, SO DON'T love em when they get close! AH!

One other thing I love (other than you of course, Aunt Steph ;) ) is this page! I'd forgotten all about those pics after my senior year homecoming! That is what is so great about scrapbooking; preserving memories in a pretty way. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Sam--it's easy to create a pretty page when you have a beautiful subject! :)